Check your entry counts daily from Tuesday, September 4 through Saturday, September 8 at xcelenergyconnect.com/xedosleaderboard. Updates post at noon MT!
The Xcel Energy Day of Service (XEDOS) Social Media #Contest, sponsored by the Xcel Energy Foundation, will award six grants to Colorado-based not-for-profit organizations. To receive a grant, not-for-profit teams will earn one point for each qualifying post; an organization’s total points will then be divided by the number of volunteers supporting that organization’s project. This formula will generate a percentage that ensures organizations with a large group of volunteers are tallied the same way as organizations with a small group of volunteers. The top two teams will each be invited to apply for a $5,000 grant. Third- through sixth-place organizations will each be invited to apply for a $2,500 grant, for a total of $20,000 in grants from the Xcel Energy Foundation.
Who can post:
• Volunteers, team leaders, friends, family – anyone! Recruiting others who are not volunteering on-site to help post for your project is a best practice.
Where to post:
• The Xcel Energy Colorado Facebook page
• Your personal Instagram account
What your post must include to be eligible:
Step 1. The hashtags #XEDOS and #contest,
Step 2. Tag Xcel Energy Colorado:
• On Facebook: post directly to the Xcel Energy Colorado Facebook page AND tag @XcelEnergyCO
• On Instagram: post a photo or video about your project and tag @xcelenergy,
Step 3. Tag or name your project’s organization (tag the local organization ONLY — posts or tags to national organizations are not eligible) referencing the list of #XEDOS #contest projects, and
Step 4. Why you love the nonprofit/organization or project, what your Day of Service project is about, or volunteer activities to support the project.
*Shares, reposts, and Stories will not count towards points.*
When to post:
• Begins Sept. 4, 2018 at 12:00:01 a.m. MT, and ends Sept. 8, 2018 at 11:59:59 p.m. MT.
Using photos and videos in posts:
• In addition to the contest tagging requirements listed above, a photo or video is required to post on Instagram.
• While not required to earn a point, including photos and videos with your posts is always a great addition to help tell your organization’s story, e.g. images that showcase the projects and volunteers, or the natural beauty of Colorado and people hard at work.