Are you the quiet, more removed type of cool like Einstein, Courteney Cox, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Audrey Hepburn, or even Gandhi?
Or are you the outgoing, the always involved type-A personality like Bill Clinton, Muhammad Ali, Steve Jobs or a classic rock star?
Regardless of your preference for persona’s of cool, surprisingly this is also a way to consider your home cooling options. That’s right. You if you’re thinking about updating your cooling system, you have some options.
Outgoing, always going with the flow of things?
Then you may prefer the open window style of evaporative cooling (aka – swamp cooler).
Evaporative Cooling draws in fresh air which is cooled through water saturated pads. The cooled air comes into the home and exits through open windows as it warms.
High-efficiency evaporative cooling:
- Continuous flow of fresh air into home
- Cools home 15 to 20 degrees cooler than outdoors
- Has purchase and installation costs that are less than central AC
- Swamp Cooler uses up to 75% less electricity than central air
Maybe you’re a bit more reserved. The type who likes consistent structure?
Central air conditioning provides cooling comfort by cycling indoor air with your cooling system’s fan. New, high-efficiency equipment operates with improved performance, and that saves energy and improves comfort.
- Airborne particles and dust are reduced
- New central air conditioning technology is quieter and more energy efficient than before
- Low maintenance, once a year cleaning
According to ENERGY STAR.gov the costs to cool your home can be reduced by 30% by replacing equipment that is more than 12 years old.
Xcel Energy has rebates available when you replace your cooling system with qualified equipment.*